Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Escaping the USA

So I finally made it to Miami, albeit it involved waking up at 4am and lugging 100+ pounds of luggage around the airport. But whatever, I've never been one to complain...

So basically today we went through a little orientation/ice-breaker thing with all the volunteers (which is close to 50!). And now I am about to go to dinner with some of the people I met and plan on blowing the $120 they gave us to "cover expenses for tonight." Everyone is really nice, so far, and I'm really looking forward to finally making it to Ecuador tomorrow!

That's really all that happened, more to come later!

2 comments:

  1. Fifty new friends is awesome, Jason! Sounds like they're treating you well with the "stimulus" money, but you're not one to spend it all in one place, are you?

    *correction:...waking up at 4 a.m...{and eating a hearty breakfast)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...50! Wow, I didn't realize there would be so many...and I hear you on the 100+ pounds of luggage-hauling...NO FUN!

    ReplyDelete